Did you know that beta-alanine is a naturally occurring amino acid? You can use it to improve your athletic performance and delay fatigue. This article will tell you everything you need to know about beta-alanine, including its benefits and side effects.
What is Beta-Alanine?
Beta-alanine is a naturally occurring amino acid that is produced in the liver. It is also found in meat, poultry, and fish. Beta-alanine is a precursor to the amino acid carnosine found in muscle tissue.
Carnosine is a dipeptide (two amino acids joined together) that acts as an antioxidant and helps to delay fatigue. Beta-alanine supplementation increases muscle carnosine levels.
What Are the Benefits of Beta-Alanine?
Improves Athletic Performance
Are you looking for a way to improve your athletic performance? If the answer is yes, you may consider taking beta-alanine supplements. Beta-alanine has been shown to improve exercise performance. In one study, cyclists who took beta-alanine supplements for four weeks improved their time to exhaustion by 3%.
Beta-alanine may be the answer if you’re looking for a way to delay fatigue. Beta-alanine supplementation has been shown to delay fatigue during exercise. Cyclists who take beta-alanine supplements can bike for longer before they feel fatigued.
Increases Muscle Mass
Are you looking for a way to increase your muscle mass? If so, then beta-alanine may be able to help. Beta-alanine has been shown to increase muscle mass. You will be surprised that in just eight weeks of beta-alanine supplementation, you will be able to see an increase in your muscle mass.
Improves Brain Function
Your brain is one of the most critical organs in your body. Beta-alanine has been shown to improve brain function. It can improve working memory and reaction time in young adults.
Improves Power Output
If you’re looking for a way to improve your power output, consider taking beta-alanine supplements. Beta-alanine has been shown to improve power output. In one study, men who took beta-alanine supplements for eight weeks increased their power output by 13%.
What are the Side Effects of Beta-Alanine?
Beta-alanine is generally well tolerated. The most common side effects are:
- Tingling Sensation: You may experience a tingling sensation after taking beta-alanine supplements. This is called paresthesia. An increase in nerve firing causes it. The tingling sensation usually goes away after a few minutes.
- Nausea: This side effect entails feelings of sickness and an urge to vomit. These feelings may be accompanied by sweating, dizziness, and an increased heart rate.
- Headache: This is the most common side effect of taking beta-alanine supplements. If you experience a headache, it is recommended that you drink plenty of fluids and consume a carbohydrate-rich meal.
- Diarrhea: This is a less common side effect, but it has been reported by some people who take beta-alanine supplements. If you experience diarrhea, it is recommended that you drink plenty of fluids and consume a diet that is high in fiber.
- Anxiety: This is a rare side effect, but it has been reported by some people who take beta-alanine supplements. If you experience anxiety, it is recommended that you stop taking the supplement and consult with a healthcare professional.
Beta-alanine is a safe and effective supplement that can improve your athletic performance, delay fatigue, and increase muscle mass. If you are looking for a way to improve your physical or cognitive performance, then consider taking beta-alanine supplements from a top rated beta-alanine manufacturer.